Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Thursdays at 4!!

As I start getting my blog off the ground, I want to think of things to make it unique and special for me. So I am starting a tradition of every Thursday (or Wednesday night) I will post a something inspirational or uplifting. It could be a quote or a video or a great article. Who knows?!?!

The reason that I am calling it Thursdays at 4! is because in college my sophomore year, I had the greatest RA, who with her roommates from the year before, created Thursdays at 4!. It was this awesome time every Thursday at 4 pm where we would meet in one of their rooms and sing a set playlist at the top of our lungs. It was a great way to relieve stress and make that final push to the weekend. We would blast the music, sing at the top of our lungs and dance. The coolest part was my RA and her friend invited me and my best friend to join them. They did not have to include us in something they started, but they wanted to share the fun with others. It was something I would look forward to each week. Hence, why I plan on continuing the tradition of Thursdays at 4!

My best friend and I still try to keep the Thursday at 4! feeling alive, but now with working it might become Thursday at 6:30 pm! or Thursdays at 10 pm!. It just that time where you take a time-out and just jam out. We all need to do that once an while. So here's to Thursday at 4!

I am kicking it off with my favorite YouTube video. Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. Good luck with this Ditty! I look forward to you sharing some inspiration with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you singing and dancing on the bathroom sink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I think I need to start something like this more regularly - I'll be happy to join you Thursdays at any time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank so much for the shot out Kristin! You'll be happy to know that Carolyn and I now live 2 blocks away from each other in Chicago and STILL do Thursday at 4!! Glad you guys are too. Congrats to you and Chris on getting married. Look forward to following you on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Katie! It is great to hear from you. It is so much fun to hear that you and Carolyn still do Thursday at 4! Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete