Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pizza!


Paleo pizza that is. 

Tonight, I made Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza from the Make It Paleo Cookbook.  

I love this cookbook. The recipes are really easy to follow and there aren't too many ingredients necessary. I get overwhelmed with really long recipes. The pizza was awesome. The crust was pretty sturdy. I could even fold my pizza in half.  When I make this recipe again, I will probably make two pizzas. C. Varied can really eat so he needed a second meal after 1/2 of the pizza. 
Other than that it was delicious and reminded me Italy.  

Here is photo journal from making dinner.
The Secret to the Crust


We didn't have flax seed meal, but we had flax seed so I used the nut grinder to make flax seed meal. 


 The hardest part was flipping the crust. It was really hard to pull the parchment paper off the crust to flip it. I don't know if that is because I over cooked the crust or if is just hard. Next time, I might put olive oil on the parchment paper before cooking the crust to make it easier to flip.

 The Final Product...Paleo Pizza!

The key to cooking tonight was working to change my mood. It had been a long day at work and then there was a lot of traffic on the way home so I need something to change my attitude. Usually that is what my workout is for, but today was a rest day. So I need to get excited about cooking and put on Taylor Swift Pandora station and danced around the kitchen. I need to do something fun to shake off the day so cooking, dancing and singing was exactly what the doctor ordered.

This is yesterday from my Happiness Project page-a-day calendar.

I really like this saying. Finding sources of feeling good was my goal for tonight as I cooked and sang in the kitchen. I was trying to just enjoy the moment.

P.S. More to come about this book. I am going to try a 12 week program based on this book. I am going to try to use this plan with Paleo and see how I do. Maybe I will learn a thing or too.

5 comments:

  1. why did I have to miss the dancing??

    you're right, I CAN eat a lot. good thing I had a second dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog off of your husband's fb post, I am Ryan Werner's sister. Loved reading about your pizza.... I have been trying to cookpaleo since September... Can't wait to try this one. I also just found a great cookbook: http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/wellfed/ for other paleo stuff. Thanks again for the idea and good luck with your cooking and Crossfit! - rory siefer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rory! I am glad you liked the post. Thanks for reading and commenting. I am always looking for recipe and cookbook suggestions so thank you! I will have to check it out. Good luck with Paleo! Let me know if you have any questions.

      Delete
  3. Yum!!! I want to try this :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to come visit and I will make you dinner!

      Delete