Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Temptation Alley

This is what I deal with at work everyday. I have to walk by these different locations at least 3 to 4 times per day. Look at all these temptations:
.
Coworker's desk and I know he would share.

 Communal Candy Jars

 Homemade fudge
Then in the break room someone brought in all their holiday cookies to share.

I successfully made it through another day in Temptation Alley eating my whole red pepper as my snack while others were eating fudge. I need to remind myself of my goals: to look good and more importantly feel good. I am excited to see how the Sugar Detox helps my performance in the gym. Sectionals for the Crossfit Games are coming up soon and while my goal is not to make it to Regionals, I am really interested to see how I can push myself.  I almost didn't do Sectionals last year and at the last minute I signed up since they extended the first week an extra week. I ended up really enjoying Sectionals and having a lot of PRs!!

Other than a headaches the first three day, which have been a combination of sugar withdrawal and allergies, I am feeling pretty good. I have good energy and I think I like I am able to take stressful situations in stride. 

WOD
Back Squat
3-3-3-3-3
140-150-160-170-175x1

Cash out:
Max height Box Jump
30"

I have been working on strength over the past couple of months so when a strength WOD comes up I am excited to see how I do. I was really happy with my performance tonight with the back squat. Max Box Jump is such a mental game once you hit a certain height that you don't know if you can.

1 comment: