Monday, January 23, 2012

Seven Wonders of The World

C. Varied and I want to see the Seven Wonder of the World. So tonight I decided we should write down the official list, but little did we know there are a lot of lists. The original list is as follows:

Great Pyramid of Giza
Hanging Gardens of Babylon
Statue of Zeus at Olympia
Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassus
Colossus of Rhodes
Lighthouse of Alexandria
The only one still standing is the Great Pyramid of Giza.

So we needed another list. Here is the list we are going use for our bucket list goal of seeing the 7 Wonders of the World on: 

Great Wall of China
Petra
Christ the Redeemer
Machu Picchu
Chichen Itza 
Colosseum
Taj Mahal
 Great Pyramid of Giza (Honorary Candidate)

Back in 2001, there was an initiative to pick new Wonders of the World and the list above is the final list. We have actually already been to two of them.

Chichen Itza - August 2009


Colosseum - July 2011 on Our Honeymoon
Photo Courtesy of C. Varied

We were pretty excited when we realized we had done two. We knew when we went to Chichen Itza that we were seeing one wonder of the world, but we didn't realize that the Colosseum was one too or at least I didn't. ; ) I love traveling and seeing new places. I thought it was pretty cool that there were other lists too like Seven Natural Wonders of the World, Seven Wonders of the Underwater World, etc. (Source: Wikipedia). All of these places look amazing and I want to go to every one. A girl can dream.

What is your dream vacation? What travel plans are on your bucket list?

WOD
2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2
45-50-55-60-65-70-75-80-70-65
Shoulder Press with 60 sec rest in between in set

It is amazing how quickly muscle fatigue sets in your shoulders. We did 50 hand release push-ups as a cash out. I did all of them without going to my knees. I definitely might have been snaking and it took me a while, but I did it! Push-ups is definitely something I need to work on. 

Still doing the no sugar challenge, the special treat tonight was I made butternut squash soup on Sunday so we had some as sweet treat after dinner. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment