Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dessert!

So I got home today and I was tired and hungry or as I like to say "hangry" (definition - a combination of hungry and angry). I just wanted to eat chocolate or chips and salsa or anything quick and easy. C. Varied wasn't going to be home until late so I was on my own for dinner. If you know anything about me, you know that I don't cook very often and I definitely don't cook when I am tired and hungry, but I rallied tonight. I made myself a salad with tilapia and half of an avocado with oil and vinegar, but I knew I need something sweet too. Obviously I can't have a real dessert because of the challenge, but I could fake myself out with something else. 
Here was my reward for making dinner:

Enter Sweet Potatoes to the Rescue!
 I microwaved them and then sauteed them in grass fed butter.
Dessert: Sweet Potato with Cinnamon!

I even ate them after dinner so they felt like dessert. It hit the spot.
Here is my silly fashion moment for the day. I was proud of myself with the outfit that I put together today. It was influenced by my family, which I think is why I really like it. Over the holiday, my mom and 3 sisters took me shopping, which is what we usually do when we are all together since I never go on my own. My family is the best! Today's ensemble included the scarf they picked out for me and the cardigan my sister gave to as a gift from being in her wedding. Let me know what you think.


1 comment:

  1. You look adorable!!!!!!-- Great thinking on sweet potato dessert--Need to remember that one!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete